So, you are getting ready to purchase that new car. Congratulations! These are the top 5 tips for saving on car insurance today! Be sure to talk to your local insurance agent about some of these items and see if you are eligible.
- Enhance your credit score – Most insurance companies use a modified, tailored credit score as a large factor in determining your insurance premium. Improving that score will help lower your auto insurance rates.
- Multi-policy discount – Combine your car insurance with other lines of business with the same company. For example, insure your car(s) and home/condo/apartment together and get a multiple-policy discount. You could save up to 20% by combining your policies. This is a great way to save on car insurance.
- Look at insurance costs before purchasing a new car – As you can imagine not all cars cost the same to insure. Many factors go into the cost of insurance. Safety features, size, speed, and cost to repair, are just a few of these factors. So, before you pull the trigger on that new or used car, get insurance pricing to make an informed decision. It’s an excellent idea to get an auto insurance quote prior to purchasing that new car.
- Consider Telematics– What are telematics? Telematics is a method of tracking your driving mileage and behavior. It can be used as a plug-in device or as a smartphone app. You could save up to 40% on your auto insurance premiums if you qualify. 40% is a huge savings on car insurance so definitely ask about it and consider it. Each company has their own program, so check with your local insurance agent first to see if this is a good fit for you.
- For younger drivers, achieve and maintain good grades– Let’s face it, younger drivers are expensive to insure. However, if they do well in school with a B average or better, they could be entitled to a significant discount on car insurance. Some insurance companies will enhance the discount for A averages or better. Also, make sure you inform your insurance agent if your child attends college more than 100 miles away from home and doesn’t have a car with them. That could bring another car insurance discount as well.
There are plenty of opportunities to lower your auto insurance premiums. Check with your agent to make sure you are getting what you deserve. It will be worth your time.
The Jim Eagan Agency would be thrilled to assist those clients in CT. We offer coverage anywhere in Connecticut so whether you are an experienced driver or someone new behind the wheel, we have the policy to cover you. We insure people with perfect driving records as well as those with less-than-perfect records. Our agency can help you secure coverage for a standard auto policy or a collector (classic or antique) policy.
Having auto insurance is mandatory in CT. But each policy is not created equal. Deciding on things like liability limits and deductibles are very important in determining whether you are properly covered or not. Most people are focused on premiums, and rightly so. But if you can find better coverage at a reasonable price, that is a win-win.
We can help you find that. Reach out today. https://www.jimeaganagency.com